Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Souls, Sins, and Such (Count: Psalm 130)

Before reading this Psalm, I was all feeling guilty for not keeping up with my reading of the Psalms. Don't get me wrong, I have been reading, just not blogging. Life comes at you fast, or so the commercial (with Fabio) says.

Anyhow, so I was feeling guilty...

And here's Psalm 130 talking about forgiveness of sins.

"If God kept a record of sins, who could stand?"

The question is rhetorical, the answer is obvious - nobody could stand.

But God offers unfailing love. God offers complete forgiveness. God wants our souls to long for Him.

We often find ourselves waiting on God. Unanswered prayer. Unsure of His will. Distant from Him in our sins and personal guilt... But this man is pursuing God, persevering, waiting for God to give Him a response.

Does your soul long for God? Unfortunately, we don't long for God until we are completely "in the depths" of life's struggle or feeling the weight of our sins...

Ultimately, this song isn't about me, my sins, or my soul's longing for God.

It's about the God who loves to redeem and rescue us. The God with unfailing love for His peeps. Will my soul focus on myself, or on Him?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]