Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

Do it again, God! (Count: Psalm 126)

This morning, I woke up earlier than normal... came to church earlier than normal...

Really wanting to get a good head start on my day with people and with God. Hopefully not in that order.

Psalm 126 is such a great reminder of God's love and greatness to us.

His love is described as a dream come true.
He has done some great things for each of us.

The correlation would be that "we are filled with joy."

Possibly written for the Jews upon their (hoped for) return from captivity, this song expresses powerful joy that people feel when God intervenes, blesses, and does great things for us.

It's all too easy to focus on the tasks of my day ahead. It's all too easy to let myself wonder about the things God hasn't done yet. It's all too human to sometimes fear what's going to go wrong next.

But God has given us eternal life (Romans 6:23).
But God has created us in His image (Genesis 1:26-27).
But God has given us His One and Only Son (John 1:14, 18).
But God has provided for the things we really need (Philippians 4:19).
But God has filled our hearts with His love (1 John 4).

Specifically, I thank Him again today for reaching a selfish sheep like me in a deep way when I was 13.

I thank Him for picking me up a thousand times since then and setting my feet on the solid rock of Jesus Christ.

I thank Him for providing things in this life that I don't deserve - a fantastic wife, two extremely cute and healthy kids, a great ministry, and countless friends and people who have poured into my life.

I thank Him for the opportunity to gain "treasures in Heaven" based on how I live and how I love people.

I thank Him for today.

In the second half of the song (Psalm 126), it's like they're asking God to do it all over again. Bless our crops with a harvest. Let us see great things happen in your Kingdom. Give us more of your wonderful love and blessing - we're addicted to it!

I should spend more time thinking about and thanking God for the "dreams come true" in my life. Especially the ones that were bigger or better than I would have dreamed for myself.

This kind of focus brings immense joy, and the audacity - or is it faith - to ask Him to do it again!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]